We’ve teamed up with Seventh Generation to help spread awareness about the importance of chemical reform in the United States. Some people might assume that the chemicals used to make products sold in the U.S., like toys and food containers, are regulated and tested for safety — but they are not. Over 80,000 chemicals are currently available for use in the market and the EPA has required very few of these to be tested for their impacts on human health and the environment. Shocking, right!?!
Now is the time to update the regulation on these chemicals. Woof Woof Papa and I feel very strongly about protecting the environment & planet, living a healthy life, and using the safest products we can for both humans and pets. That’s why I’m super happy to be participating in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Seventh Generation, to spread the word about what YOU can do to help fight toxins (I received a promotional item and product samples as a thank you for participating).
Why Do We Need To Address Chemical Reform?
- More than 80,000 chemicals available in the United States have never been fully tested for their toxic effects on our health and environment.
- Scientists have linked exposure to toxic chemicals to many health risks, such as Cancer, Alzheimer’s, learning disabilities, asthma, birth defects, and various reproductive problems.
- The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) was passed in 1976, and unlike other major environmental laws, has never been updated. As it currently stands, tens of thousands of potentially harmful chemicals continue to be used in the marketplace since the 1970’s without proper testing and without disclosure by the companies that produce them.
- To learn more visit the Natural Resources Defense Council website.
How YOU Can Get Involved and Make a Difference:
- Become a Toxin Freedom Fighter by signing Seventh Generation’s petition to urge Congress to reevaluate the Toxic Substances Control Act for the first time since 1976.
- Make sure that your friends and family are aware that of the 80,000 synthetic chemicals introduced into the market since the Toxic Substances Control Act was passed in 1976, the EPA has required testing on less than 10%.
- Help Seventh Generation reach its goal of collecting 100,000 Signatures by April 24th by urging your friends and family to stand up for safer chemicals by signing the petition here too!
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Seventh Generation. I received a promotional item and product samples as a thank you for participating.