This is my third year as an ambassador for the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program, and it’s been such a pleasure getting to help educate military families about their benefits. Military moms and dads know it takes a LOT to keep the home front running smoothly. That’s why I love being able to share what I’ve learned, to help you save time and money. Last month I gave you some Children’s Dental Health Tips & Reminders. And back in January, I put together a 2016 Program Update.
In a nutshell, MetLife TRICARE Dental provides dental benefits to spouses and children of Active Duty personnel and National Guard and Reserve members and their families. It’s a convenient and cost effective way for families to have continuous dental coverage from the large network of dental providers worldwide.
In doing research for my TRICARE posts, I’ve learned a lot more facts and details about the program that I didn’t know. So this month, I’ve rounded up a list of some things you might not know…but should!
Did You Know?
- Families enrolled in MetLife TRICARE Dental Program have access to over 250,000 dental locations, making it one of the largest civilian dental networks around. It’s great to know that wherever you go, you’ll be able to find dentists that participate in the program.
- There are no annual deductibles or co-payments, and premiums are competitively priced. There are low or no cost-shares on many dental services including diagnostic and preventative. It’s reassuring to know that there won’t be a lot of unexpected expenses when it comes to keeping up with your family’s dental health needs.
- The program has an Accidental Annual Maximum of $1,200 per beneficiary per plan year. This is in addition to and separate from the $1,300 plan annual maximum per beneficiary per plan year. Hopefully you won’t need it, but it’s always good to know you have the additional injury coverage.
- TRICARE Dental Program will coordinate with another supplemental dental insurance carrier.
- Your family is not automatically enrolled. Even though you and your family may already have TRICARE medical, dental coverage requires a separate enrollment. There are four easy ways to enroll:
1. Online at www.tricare.mil/bwe
2. Call 1-855-638-8371 CONUS, 1-855-638-8372 OCONUS, or 1-855-638-8373 TDD/TTY
3. Fax a completed Enrollment Authorization document (found on www.tricare.mil/tdp) to 1-855-763-1337
4. Mail a completed Enrollment Authorization document to: MetLife TRICARE Dental Program, P.O. Box 14185 Lexington, KY 40512.
Want to know even more about the program coverage and benefits? The MetLife TDP Facebook Page is a great resource. They post a different fact or trivia question just about every day, so it’s fun to stop by a learn something new each time you visit!