We’ve got a very special giveaway for a GREAT cause and we hope you will all join in AND share this post with your friends, family and followers! This is an opportunity to WIN a cool ASPCA #FightCruelty Prize Pack, but even more importantly, it’s a chance to learn about lots of ways to get involved and help make a difference in the lives of animals.
The ASPCA has put together a super helpful list of Top Ways To Help Animals In Your Community:
- Learn how to report animal cruelty. One of the best things you can do to help animals in your community is to keep a list of people, including a humane law enforcement officer, a teacher or your veterinarian, who can help you report animal cruelty. Every state is different. In some areas, the police department investigates animal cruelty; in others, that job falls to local animal control or another municipal agency. If you aren’t sure where to report cruelty, visit ASPCA’s Report Animal Cruelty section.
- Start a neighborhood watch program. Get to know the animals in your neighborhood and invite your friends and neighbors to do the same. Together you can keep an eye out for any suspicious behaviors—abuse and neglect of companion animals, the mistreatment of local wildlife, dogs left in hot cars and other signs of abuse.
- Volunteer at your local shelter or animal rescue organization. Volunteering at your local shelter is a great way to make a difference in the lives of many animals. From walking dogs and organizing fundraising events to fostering abused or frightened animals, shelters across the country are in desperate need of volunteers. Be sure to visit Ten Ways to Help Your Local Shelter for more suggestions.
- Become an animal activist. Visit the lobby section at ASPCA to find out everything you can do to raise awareness for animal rights.
- Read the full list to discover even more ways you can get involved and help!
WIN an ASPCA Fight Cruelty Prize Pack!
As a way of saying Thanks to our fans and readers for helping to raise awareness, the ASPCA has put together this super cool prize pack. One lucky winner will receive a gift pack with:
- Anti Dog Fighting T-Shirt
- No One Wins in a Dog Fight Magnet
- Orange Fight Cruelty Tote
- ASPCA Pet Frisbee
- ASPCA Orange Wrist Band
- ASPCA Action Magazine: Inside the Dog Fighting Ring
This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+ and ends 11:59pm ET on Sunday 4/27/14. Enter using the Rafflecopter below and complete as many or as few of the optional entry methods as you wish. The more you enter, the more you help to spread the word AND increase your own odds of winning. Good Luck everybody!