If you’re reading our blog, there’s a good chance that you also love reading books about dogs. But have you ever thought about reading TO your dog??? It may sound silly, but try it…you’ll like it! And your dog will love the extra attention you give them when they cuddle up in your lap so that you can tell them a story.
Daisy loves it so much that she’s helped me put together a nice big list of books that are PERFECT for reading to your dog. If you’ve got human kiddos, these books are also great for encouraging their love of reading, so be sure to give them a chance to read to the dog, too.
Click the titles below to get them from Amazon in traditional printed book or Kindle edition, or borrow them from your local library if you prefer!
Good Books to Read to Your Dog:
- The Bedtime Book for Dogs by Bruce Littlefield
- Three Stories You Can Read to Your Dog by Sara Swan Miller
- Three More Stories You Can Read to Your Dog by Sara Swan Miller
- No Dogs Allowed! by Stephanie Calmenson
- The Little Blue Dog: The story of a shelter dog waiting to be rescued. by Karen J Roberts
- Sally Goes to the Beach by Stephen Huneck
- Cat Up a Tree by Ann Hassett
- Go, Dog. Go! (Beginner Books) by P.D. Eastman
- I’m Not Going to Chase the Cat Today! by Jessica Harper
- Dog Breath by Dav Pilkey
- Bad Kitty Gets a Bath by Nick Bruel
- If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Numeroff
- A Ball for Daisy (Caldecott Medal Winner) by Chris Raschka
Check out these Great Books for Dog Lovers next!