Got a dog on your list that’s super hard on their toys or just super hard to buy for? Here are 5 extremely tough dog toys that are also tons of fun! These durable and long-lasting toys make great gifts for the holidays and are sure still be going strong well after the tree and lights come down!
1) Varsity Ball: 110% Guaranteed Indestructible and tons of fun! Daisy and her boyfriend Fin have tested hers repeatedly and it wears them out each time! Comes in 4 color choices including a special Limited Edition Pink with $2 going to Chase Away K9 Cancer. Made in USA, the Varsity Ball is a generous 12″ in diameter at $39.
2) KONG Classic: Daisy’s very first toy was a KONG and this brand has never let us down. This super bouncy rubber chew toy is Made in the USA and is designed to be stuffed with any kind of treat (Daisy likes peanut butter in hers) to keep dogs busy and entertained while they work for their snack. You can freeze them, too! S-XXL starting from $5.58.
3) Bionic Bone: Made from FDA-approved bionic rubber, this fun toy floats and can be stuffed with treats, frozen, and put in the dishwasher, too! Similar to the KONG, but always fun to have different shapes, sizes and colors to play with! Daisy got one a few months ago and it still looks brand new even with daily use. S-L from $9.99.
4) Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Cosmos Dog Toy: We think these 5″ ball toys look like they’d make a great addition to Daisy’s toy box and are on our wish list this Christmas! VENUS is pink, MARS is swirly silver, SOL is orange and LUNA, representing the moon, glows in the dark. Each has a spot for hiding treats and are designed with big dogs in mind. Cosmos are made in the USA, are buoyant, bouncy, minty, recyclable, non-toxic and 100-Percent guaranteed. $10-$15 each.
5) Nylabone Proaction Dog Dental Chew: A very long-time favorite of Daisy’s, we actually lost her first one recently (she even used to sleep with it). It was 2 years old and still in great shape, so I’m still hoping it will turn up eventually. Not to be confused with Nylabone edible chew treats, this is a hard chew toy with a specially-textured design to stimulate gums and reduce tartar as well as help satisfy your dog’s natural urge to chew. Several design styles and sizes are available from $6-$18 each.
For safety, it’s very important to inspect dog toys frequently and watch for wear and tear or broken pieces that could create a choking hazard or injury. Not all dog toys are right for every dog, and you should never leave your dog unattended with a new toy if he or she is an extreme chewer or has a history of destroying tough toys.