Winter can be hazardous for people living in cold-weather regions – and for our four-legged friends. To help keep pets safe this winter, Morton Salt’s Safe-T-Pet® brand ice melt and the ASPCA have teamed up on a pawsome new public service campaign that kicks off on the first day of winter, Dec. 22, with “National Keep Pets Safe in Winter Day.”
As part of the “National Keep Pets Safe in Winter Day” campaign, Morton is making a $20,000 donation to the ASPCA to help continue its life-saving work and provide resources to pet owners on pet wellness. In addition, for every unique Facebook fan “like” received on Morton’s Facebook page through Jan. 31, 2012, Morton will donate $1 to the ASPCA, up to $55,000. This additional funding from Morton will be used by the ASPCA to raise awareness about the importance of proper winter pet care and safety.
Some quick guidelines for winter pet safety include:
- Using pet-friendly (salt free and chloride free) ice melters such as Morton® Safe-T-Pet®.
- Keeping anti-freeze high on shelves in sealed containers and quickly cleaning any spills/leakage.
- Limiting outdoor time for pets when temperatures drop below freezing.
- Checking warm spots on cars, such as hoods, where animals might seek shelter from the cold.
- Keeping pets on a leash, especially dogs, which can become disoriented or lost when once familiar surroundings are covered in ice and snow; and
- Making sure pets are wearing identification tags and proper outerwear as needed.
As an incentive to help spread the word about “National Keep Pets Safe in Winter Day” and to help the ASPCA receive the largest donation possible, you can LIKE Morton on Facebook via this Raffelcopter Contest and Automatically Be Entered to Win 1 of 2 Morton Safe-T-Pet Winter Kits that include a: mini Safe-T-Pet jug, Morton fleece stadium blanket, ice scrapper and a retractable leash ($30.00 retail value)!
Regardless of what the Winter Climate is where you live, I hope you will take this opportunity to participate and Help Spread the Word about this important pet safety issue and Help the ASPCA Receive the full $75,000 amount that Morton pledges to donate during this campaign. If necessary, Click Read More or Refresh the Page in Your Browser to access the Rafflecopter Widget below: