Finding the lowest prices on pet meds
Finding the best price on pet meds is a constant challenge. There are often several factors to consider when deciding who really has the “best” deal. These can include current sales which vary from site to site, promo codes, loyalty rewards, tax & shipping costs, gift cards or store credit you have and want to spend, and reputation of the pet store or website.
Too good to be true?
Sometimes a deal really IS too good to be true…especially in the case of pet meds. You want to always make sure that you are getting the genuine pet product when it comes to flea & tick products and other pet meds where the efficacy really matters. That means doing your research and shopping at reputable stores and websites.
Things to keep in mind when buying pet meds
- Prices and deals change frequently so even if a store or site is the lowest today doesn’t mean they will be tomorrow
- Just because one website has the best price on a given size or quantity doesn’t mean they are always the lowest on every size and quantity of that brand
- Generic is often a better deal but speak with your veterinarian to be sure you are making the right choice for your pet
- Different stores carry different brands (again speak with your vet about brands and doses)
- You may receive different/additional offers or discount codes via store email or loyalty memberships
- Local pet stores and vet offices may match online prices so check if you prefer to shop locally
All that being said, here’s our rundown of where to find the lowest current price on Frontline Plus, 6 dose for dogs 45-88 pounds. Prices include FREE Shipping unless otherwise noted.
Prices on Frontline Plus for Dogs (as of 8/23/15)
- Pet360.com $74.98 (Get an Extra Dose when choosing Auto Ship)
- PetCareRx.com $76.30 (w/ Promo Code EXTRA20)
- 1800PetMeds.com $84.98 (Spend $15.02 more to get $5 OFF)
- Drugstore.com $89.99 (10% OFF future orders w/ Auto-Reorder)
- Petco.com $98.41 ($30 FREE eGift Card w/ Repeat Delivery)
- PetSmart.com $100.99
Note: Regular readers might be wondering why we didn’t list Amazon.com prices for Frontline Plus, since we are BIG fans of Amazon’s deals and Prime Free 2-Day Shipping. This is because sellers can vary on Amazon and we prefer to stick with authorized retailers and accredited pet pharmacy websites to reduce any possible risk of receiving expired or even counterfeit pet meds. If you see a lower price from a seller you trust for pet meds on Amazon, go for it! Again, when in doubt ask your pet’s veterinarian for recommendations and advice.
Have a request for a future pet product price check you’d like to see? Message us or leave us a comment here to let us know!