If you’ve been thinking about getting pet insurance, you really shouldn’t put it off. It’s one of those things you need to have in place BEFORE your pet gets injured or sick, since pre-existing conditions are excluded.
We’ve had PetPlan pet insurance for Daisy for 6 years now and I highly recommend it. Filing claims is super fast, using their app for iPhone or Android and we receive reimbursement checks within a week or so of submitting receipts. This makes it super easy and stress free, which is important when you are a pet parent dealing with a sick puppy. The less hassles the better!
Right now, PetPlan has a special deal and you’ll get a FREE BarkBox when you signup and use PetPlan Promo Code BARKBOX to complete your online enrollment.
Summer Pet Dangers
Don’t go another summer without insurance coverage for your pet. According to the folks at PetPlan, the most frequent, and preventable, summertime ailments for pets include:
- Heat-related conditions like heat stroke, dehydration and heat rash – especially in brachycephalic breeds like Boxers, Bulldogs and Pugs.
- Pets are twice as likely to suffer an insect sting during the summer compared to the rest of the year. Bees are to blame for 25% of these incidents.
- The risk of skin infection is 16% higher during summer months.
- Vet visits for grape and raisin toxicity are 40% higher during the summer. The average cost to treat grape and raisin poisoning is $756, but one Petplan-protected pup faced a hair-raising vet bill of $3,035!
- Corn cob ingestions are seven times more likely in the summer.
- Learn more at PetPlan.com
To find out more about choosing pet insurance, read: 8 Things You Need To Know When Shopping for Pet Insurance.