In case you missed it, the April BarkBox was all about the 90’s. This dog box of goodies was full of retro treats and toys that really made us smile. Our review is based on Daisy’s large dog subscription for heavy chewers (not to be confused with the Super Chewer subscription). Since each BarkBox plan is customized for your dog’s size and other preferences, items will vary but the number of items and overall value of the box is usually the same for everyone. Here’s what was in our BarkBox this month.
BarkBox April Dog Treats
- Joy Sticks Pork Flavored Dog Treats ($6 retail value) All-natural dog treats made in the USA with smoky pork, peas, and potato.
- Duck Treats for Dogs ($6 retail value) Made in the USA exclusively for BarkBox, these treats include wholesome potatoes, pearled barley, and oatmeal.
- Pig Ear Chew for Dogs ($5 retail value) This treat is sourced and made in the USA by the folks at Sawmill Creek.
April BarkBox Dog Toys
- Sodapup Crazy Bounce Ball Dog Toy ($12 retail value) It’s just what the name says it it. A rubber ball and chew toy that is designed so that it bounces in crazy and unpredictable ways. It’s heavy and solid so be careful when you throw it!
- Mix Breed Mix Tape Dog Toy and Treat Puzzle ($14 retail value) This is one of my favorites because in the 90’s we all made mix tapes and it has a fun retro feel that fits with the whole box. It’s also become one of Daisy’s favorite toys, especially when I stick pieces of the joy stick treats in it! It’s a super durable chew toy that seems built to last, even with heavy use.
BarkBox Bonus Items
In addition to amazing toys and treats, we also love that the folks at BarkBox often include bonus items that tie-in with the theme of the month. This time, we got a sheet of super cute and fun stickers. It’s added touches like this, along with the unique toys and treats that you won’t find elsewhere that make BarkBox really special.
We also count on their experts for hand-picked, high-quality treats and toys that introduce us to new pet products that we might not have tried on our own. And if there is every an item that doesn’t meet with your dog’s approval, BarkBox has a satisfaction guarantee and will replace the item with no hassles. We’ve only had to do this one in all the years Daisy has subscribed to BarkBox, but I was impressed with their customer service.
This month’s box items had a total retail value of $43. It will vary from month to month, but with plans starting as low as $21/month we find BarkBox to consistently deliver great value. Note that free shipping is included on US orders ($5 extra for Canada).
BarkBox Coupon Code
Visit BarkBox.com to learn more and start a customized subscription for your dog. Be sure to use BarkBox promo code WOOFWOOFMAMA to get a free extra month added to any plan of 1 month or longer.
Want to see more? Visit our BarkBox Review, Coupons and Deals Page for photos, tips and past BarkBox reviews.