The August BarkBox is a tribute to the best of things from the Golden State. The theme is California Droolin’ and once again, the folks over at BarkBox have outdone themselves with their creative selections! This month’s box included 3 fantastic treats plus 2 super cute and fun dog toys for Daisy to enjoy.
People sometimes ask me if BarkBox is worth it. We say PAWSitively YES! As usual, the total value of the items in each box is MUCH more than the subscription cost, making it a GREAT deal.
This month, our box has a retail value of $42 worth of cool dog stuff. A steal since BarkBox costs as little as $19/month with a subscription plan. The deal gets even better for new subscribers because you can get an extra month FREE with BarkBox coupon code WOOFWOOFMAMA when you sign up at BarkBox.com/woofwoofmama!
We’ll show you what was in the August BarkBox we got, but keep in mind that each box is customized for your dog’s size, allergies and whether or not they are a heavy chewer. You can email BarkBox directly if you have specific concerns about what your dog will be getting. Here’s a quick rundown of what was in this month’s BarkBox subscription box for dogs:
- Gustavo’s Avocado Dog Toy (Retail value $14) This is actually two toys in one! The bulk of the avocado (the green part) is super-tough and ready for chewing and chasing. The squeaky tennis ball avocado pit also pops out for puzzling and separate play. Thrown together or separately, this toy is the best thing since the invention of avocado toast.
- US Route 101 Dog Toy (Retail value $10) This plush squeaky toy is HUGE (as big as Daisy’s head), with a giant squeaker and a super soft exterior. There’s no filler as far as I can tell. Just 100% full of fun! When Daisy gets too tired to play with it, she’s been using it as a pillow.
- Etta Says Deer Chew Stick (Retail value $4) We always hope to get a chew stick from Etta Says in our monthly BarkBox…it’s one of Daisy’s favorite treats! I often break off pieces and give it to her 1/3 at a time to make it last a few days longer. This treat is made from American deer, is easily digestible, and super tasty according to Daisy.
- Beach Dog Bacon Squares (Retail value $6) These dog treats are made in the USA by Craft Dog Treatery…and did I mention, BACON!?! Gluten free and blended with tapioca, beef tallow and molasses in an oat-and-brown rice batter to create a crunchy, smokey snack. They smell like bacon-y goodness when you open the bag!
- Plato Farmers Market Duck & Vegetables Dog Treats (Retail value $8) We are BIG fans of Plato Dog Treats and have always been super impressed with the quality of their all-natural ingredients. These treats are grain-free and are made in the USA. Made with the freshest, all-natural meat and produce featuring peas, carrots, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and parsley, slow-roasted for a healthy and delicious snack that will keep your doggies tail wagging!
FREE BarkBox w/ Coupon Code:
- Use BarkBox Coupon Code: WOOFWOOFMAMA for FREE BarkBox of toys, treats and surprises added to any plan (1, 3, 6 or 12-months) at BarkBox.com!
Money-Saving BarkBox Tip:
You get a bigger discount with the longer plans. Not sure you want to commit to the 12-month plan? No worries! You’ll still save money by choosing the 3-month or 6-month plan instead of the 1-month option…but do whatever works for you!
- FREE Shipping on all US orders. Visit BarkBox.com to learn more & get one.